Stuffed Green Peppers9:44:00 PM
1/2 cup Mama Casita Salsa
4 green peppers
Mama Casita taco seasoning
1/2 cup Happy Farms cheddar cheese (leave off for healthier choice)
2 cups cooked fit and Active brown rice
1 bag frozen corn
1 lb Kirkwood ground turkey
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook rice as it says on the box.
2. Cook corn as it says on the bag.
3. Brown the ground meat and add taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water. Reduce heat and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Combine rice, salsa, and ground meat in a large bowl.
5. Slice the top of the peppers off.
6. Fill peppers with rice and meat mix.
7. Microwave in a 9x9 dish for about 5 minutes or until peppers are soft.
8. Add cheese to the top of peppers and microwave for 1 minute.